Cyber Streetwise is urging people to take five actions in order to protect themselves and others from cyber crime:
- Use strong, memorable passwords
- Install anti-virus software on new devices
- Check privacy settings on social media
- Shop safely online – always ensuring to check online retail sites are secure
- Download software and application patches when prompted.
Cyber Streetwise is a cross-Government awareness and behaviour change campaign delivered by the Home Office with the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills and supported by the National Cyber Security Programme at the Cabinet Office. For more visit https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/keeping-the-uk-safe-in-cyberspace.